The global waste and recycling industry collects more than 11 billion tonnes of solid waste and generates about $410 billion in revenue each year. These companies not only collect, treat, and dispose of waste, they also recover reusable materials through recycling operations and provide remediation services for decontaminating buildings, mine sites, soil and groundwater.
Oil and chemical spills occur on a daily basis in many industries. In the US alone, 43,860 spill incidents representing over 304 million gallons of oil have been reported to the EPA in the past 20 years. While some industries are obliged by regulation to have proper spill prevention and response plans and equipment in place, there are many more that are not. In the event of an oil spill, large or small, waste management and spill response companies are often brought in to ensure proper clean-up has occurred and that the local environment is protected from further damage.
These companies typically try to keep oil in its liquid form so they can recycle it and realise its value in the recycled oil marketplace. However they are never able to keep 100% of a spill in liquid form and will often need to use absorbent products to make sure the oil is completely removed. Many waste management and spill response companies look to Sokerol as their go-to universal spill absorbent product. With its superior absorption capacity and natural oleophilic characteristics, Sokerol will remove even the oily residue left over after a spill. These companies also choose Sokerol for smaller spills where reclamation doesn’t make economic sense.
Who Uses Oil Absorbents
- Waste collection service providers
- Waste haulers
- Waste processing facilities
- Spill clean-up contractors
Why Sokerol Absorbent's Used
- Sokerol has superior absorption capacity in comparison to typical granular absorbents; it even cleans up the oily residue granular absorbents can’t.
- Sokerol encapsulates hydrocarbons until they decompose, passing the US EPA TCLP Method 1311 for hydrocarbons.
Benefits of Sokerol Chemical & Oil Absorbent
- 100% organic solution for containing and absorbing oil and chemical spills, and providing safe environmentally friendly disposal.