Sokerol Spill Kit Bags are designed for easy storage in vehicles of all sizes to provide a speedy initial response to accidents and spills generated by mechanical, hydraulic or structural failure. Used widely in the earth moving, transport, pest control, mining, agriculture, heavy equipment and hire industries, each Sokerol Spill Kit is made up of various combinations and sizes of Sokerol absorbent products and additional equipment to ensure users are prepared with all of the essential spill remediation tools.
Instructions for Use
- On land, after securing the site to prevent further spillage, contain the spill using Sokerol Land Booms or by creating a perimeter of loose Sokerol around the spill. Once contained, generously cover the entire spill with loose Sokerol. Wait 1-2 minutes for maximum absorption and collect product with a broom, rake or scoop. Place used product into a container for disposal.
- To remove carbon stains from concrete, cover the stain with a carbon based solvent, such as mineral or methylated spirits. Brush the solvent into the stain. Generously cover the entire stain and solvent with loose Sokerol. Wait 1-2 minutes for maximum absorption and collect product with a broom, rake or scoop. Place used product into a container for disposal.
- To prevent spills from entering drainage or to block flow of contaminants from other portions of a space, mold a Sokerol Boom into the appropriately shaped perimeter around the drain or vent (circle, square, irregular) be sure that the boom is the appropriate length and does not leave a gap between ends. Depending on the size of the drain and spill, this may require multiple booms to achieve best results. If a spill is at risk of infiltrating adjoining rooms or spaces, use booms to create a barrier at the base of doors or other open paths to keep the spill in the immediately affected spill area and away from other uncontaminated spaces. Once the spill or leak has been remeditaed, place the boom into a container for disposal.
- On water, after securing the site to prevent further spillage, contain the spill using Sokerol Marine Booms to create a perimeter around the spill. Once contained, generously cover the entire spill with loose Sokerol. Wait 1-2 minutes for maximum absorption and collect product with a skimmer. Place used product into a container for disposal.
- For leaks or spills from equipment and machinery, locate the source and path of equipment leak, position a Sokerol Boom appropriately so that the leak is being intercepted by the boom at its earliest point of travel along a suitable base (floor, on top of other machinery), be sure to position the boom at a point between the leak and any drainage that may exist in the surrounding area. Once leak or spill has been remediated, place the boom into a container for disposal.
- For use with machinery and leaking taps, joints or connectors, identify the spot where the leaking contaminant is falling and position a Sokerol Pillow beneath it. Once the leak has been stopped, remove the pillow and place into a container for disposal.
- For use under leaky, parked, vehicles, identify the source of the leak or drip underneath the vehicle and slide the Sokerol Pillow into position directly under that spot. If necessary use a broom handle or other long tool to achieve best positioning. Leave the pillow in place until the leak or drip has been fixed, or replace when absorption capacity has been achieved. Place used pillow into a container for disposal.
- Sokerol Large Spill Kit Bags are a great addition to any spill response plan as they provide all of the basic spill response equipment for immediate response to any small or medium sized spill. Contained in the tough carry bag are four 1 kg Bags of Sokerol, two Mini Land Booms, two Pillows, one pair of industrial gloves, one pair of goggles, one dustpan & brush, two disposable masks, two hazard recovery bags, one contents list and one MSDS card.
Do I need to wear any special safety or protective clothing when handling Sokerol?A:
Sokerol is 100% safe to use and handle without protective equipment; however, the contaminants it absorbs are not always as safe. Please use appropriate protective clothing and equipment based on the contaminant being absorbed.
How do I dispose of Sokerol once I have used it to absorb a contaminant?A:
Just as Sokerol absorbs many different hydrocarbons and chemicals, there are various disposal regulations for different contaminants and in different towns, states and countries. Sokerol is a non-leaching absorbent for hydrocarbons, therefore rendering them inert from any further environmental contamination upon absorption; however Sokerol recommends users check with their local, state or federal authorities for proper disposal regulations based on the contaminant absorbed.
How much oil can the contents of a Large Spill Kit Bag absorb?A:
Between the loose Sokerol, Mini Land Booms and Pillows, each Large Spill Kit Bag contains up to 24 litres of absorption capacity. CLICK HERE FOR FULL LIST
Will Land Booms or Pillows drip a contaminant upon removal for disposal or transfer to another site?A:
The Sokerol inside of each Land Boom and Pillow is a non-leaching absorbent, meaning that once it has absorbed the contaminant, the contaminant will remain inside of the absorbent, or "encapsulated" even with the introduction of water, pressure or time. The only instance in which a boom or pillow might drip a contaminant is if it has exceeded its absorption capacity.
Can Land Booms and Pillows be used in water?A:
Land Booms and Pillows are designed for use on land, indoors or outdoors in any weather. They are not equipped with any internal floatation, nor do they have the ability to connect to other booms or pillows. For water spills, Sokerol Marine Booms and Bilge SOKs should be use.
- Product Reference Code: SOK5010
- Tough carry bag with ID tag
- 4 x 1kg Sokerol Bags
- 2 x Sokerol Mini Land Booms
- 2 x Sokerol Pillow
- 1 pair of industrial gloves
- 1 pair of goggles
- 1 dustpan & brush
- 2 x disposable masks
- 2 x hazard recovery bags
- 1 contents list and MSDS card
- Available only in Australia